As we carry out our tourism operations in Tanzania, we are very conscious of our practices and actions because they have an impact – on the legacy and consequences for the environment, local people, and the local economies.
Therefore, our practices align with Cape Town Declaration on Responsible Tourism which are as follow:
- Minimizes negative economic, environmental and social impacts.
- Generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well being of host communities.
- Makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage & embracing diversity.
- Provides more enjoyable and better experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues.
- Is culturally sensitive and encourages respect between tourists and local host and builds local pride and confidence.
255 Safaris upholds Responsible Tourism as the right thing to do and practice.